On our way to Texas, we stopped to play Phoenix (Tempe) which is always a good stop for us and we had a great time, and then Albuquerque (which was surprisingly an AMAZING show having never played there before) I bought these really cute new shoes in Hollywood and I braved them onstage in Albuquerque despite the extreme platform high heels to them and they were just awesome! I just loved my outfit that night. Felt right. I’ll have to wear it again and I know it seems weird to say, I just did. I got to meet Mr. Tommy T who I know through mutual friends and who is apparently a huge Ayria fan! Everyone was so nice in both the above cities.
Next stop, one of my most played states: Texas! I LOVE this state. I love the people, the weather and the guacamole! We played most of the same venues that we hit with Combichrist when we supported them last August and it was great to see our turnout increase even more and to see a lot of familiar faces at the shows. I don’t really want to write a novel about the past two weeks but basically, the highlights included:
• playing the Church in Dallas, which is just an amazing venue to play and honestly, some very attractive people were in attendance.. ahem
• The energy of the San Antonio crowd (hi S.A. Jeremy!
• Getting to have a “pool day” in San Antonio with Jessica, etc. with our make shift swim up bar (thanks Vince from I:Scintilla for the fuzzy navels
• The entire tour of 17 people going to Six Flags for the day, eating green funnel cake and not surprisingly, not feeling well afterwards
• Celebrating Brittany’s (I:Scintilla) birthday in style with a huge Mexican dinner out with everyone, and going to a Coyote Ugly bar, jumping up on the bar and dancing to “Smack my bitch up”
• getting to Houston again and seeing Naikia and company (you guys absolutely rock!).. unfortunately also having some of the worst sound problems ever! (sorry crowd!)
• Playing Elysium in Austin, getting to sneak off to my favourite little vegetarian Asian fusion tea shop by myself and enjoy some amazing chai tea and food.
• Being put up at the friggin Hilton in Austin, nicest hotel EVER!
• Finally last night in College Station; playing an outdoor venue and freezing our asses off but loving the crowd and every minute of it.
In this leg of the tour, we also played New Orleans. It was my first time there and I unfortunately didn’t get to see all it has to offer since we had back to back shows these past 5 days. But it seemed like a place I’d like to go back for the real experience. The promoter made us Jambalaya! Yummy Yay!
I have two weeks left on the tour before my 10 day hiatus for Joe and Steph’s wedding. I’m looking forward to the break having been out on the road for almost 2 months now. But then we rejoin the tour in NYC on Nov 26th (The Azoic is replacing us through the 7 North East Dates).
Also, a few new shows have been added*. Here’s what we have left these next 2 weeks until I return for the East Coast:
OCTOBER 30TH INDIANAPOLIS, IN @ TALBOTT STREET
OCTOBER 31ST MILWAUKEE, WI @ THE MIRIMAR THEATRE
NOVEMBER 1ST LACROSSE, WI @ WAREHOUSE
NOVEMBER 3RD OMAHA, NE @ THE ROXBURY
NOVEMBER 7TH COLUMBUS, OH @ SKULLY’S MUSIC DINER
NOVEMBER 8TH DETROIT, MI @ SMALL’S BAR
*NOVEMBER 11TH CHAMPAIGN, IL @ THE HIGHDIVE
*NOVEMBER 12TH LOUISVILLE, KY @ CLUB FUZION
NOVEMBER 13TH CINCINNATI, OH @ THE DOCK COMPLEX